Saturday, January 2, 2010

First Blog...Ever

I know blogging has been around for a while, but I see myself as a more private person and was rather skeptical of sharing every though and activity with the general public. However, I have a new friend that is a writer who recommended blogging to build writing stamina, and to practice putting thoughts into words.

I'm struggling with several book ideas, so my New Year's Resolution is to force myself to get back into writing and get these book ideas onto paper.

However, I suppose the primary reason to start a blog is because I toyed with the idea of setting up a horse related website to document some of the stats of my competitions for interested parties (and for a record for myself), but this is free! Easy choice. Goal, is not to be a brag book but to document some of our accomplishments, because it's hard to remember everything each year and am rather proud of my Paint gelding, Scout.

Horse & Rider magazine recently noted a popular blog by a AQHA competitor that shares the woes of trying to compete on large show circuits and work full time, thus supporting that lifestyle. I thought it was a great blog, but somehow lost the link so I suppose that was an inspiration as well.

And lastly, my friend of the longest tenure has an excellent blog that I like to read just to see what wonderful things she is baking and to keep up with her (I promise I'm not stalking you Lauren...)

1 comment:

  1. Well, i promise to officially start stalking you tonight! i can't wait to see how you and scout do in 2010.

    ReplyDelete