Friday, January 8, 2010

2008 Recap

The horse show season in most breed organizations runs Jan 1 - Dec 31. With that said, the APHA is still in progress of tabulating all final points for 2009, so my plan is to wait until all results are official before I post our 2009 achievements.

I purchased Scout in 2007, so 2008 was our first full show year. For 2008 we accomplished the following as a new team:

Texas Reserve State Champion – Novice Amateur Reining
TPHC (Texas Paint Horse Club) – Reserve Champion Novice Amateur Reining
APHA Honor Roll #7 in Nation: Novice Amateur Reining
APHA World Show Novice Amateur Reining Finalist


I am working on setting a schedule and game plan for 2010. I've been practicing new events, such as trail and want to improve our working cow work this year. My goal is to move from the Limited event, where you only box the cow, to the full up working cow horse where you run down the fence. Our goal is to return to the Pinto World Show in June. We disqualified in the reining in 2008 due to 1 extra step in a back up between spins (big disappointment - but we've since moved on from that issue!) :)

Here's a picture from the 2008 Pinto World Championship.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed with your horsewoman skills. I can't wait to see you in competitions. Keep me posted on events.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann! I think we will ride at the Will Rogers complex in March. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete