Sunday, July 11, 2010

Parker County Peach Festival

The past two weeks have afforded me a much needed respite from grad school (although I'm sure it's not evident in the lack of blog posts)! My mom and I had planned an adventure weekend that was somewhat thwarted by the rain, however, we decided to visit the Parker County Peach Festival early Saturday morning. Neither of us where "wowed" by the festival, but truly enjoy our peach ice cream (that we ate at 10:00 in the morning)...

We were both excited to visit the produce stands, but after walking around for 30 minutes looking for the produce portion of the festival we realized the only items for sale were overpriced baskets of not-so-great peaches. We were a little disappointed.

On our way out of the festival, I saw a booth called Cowboy Tooth Pick Clips and decided we must make a final stop. (After 2 years of marriage to an avid toothpick fan, I've learned to carry toothpicks in my purse, car, etc.)

I spoke to the owner and was pleasantly surprised with his business idea and product. With each purchase, you are provided a cute written story about the business, which resulted in a cowboy sitting on his toothpick that had fallen in the seat from the car visor (a common problem in our household). I purchased the 'John Wayne' and 'Buck in the Bulls Eye' versions. Derek was thrilled when I greeted him with his $5 present.

All in all, it was a fun, but humid day spent in good company with my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment