Wednesday, July 14, 2010

More about Fruit

Derek and I recently discovered that the property we are about to buy has a large Crab Apple tree. Thank you to his Grandmother for pointing this out to us! We drove by the tree 10+ times without even noticing the hundreds of dwarf size green apples hanging from the limbs.

Derek picked a special apple for me while we visited the house after work today.



Anyone know any good uses for crab apples? Cider or preserve recipes, perhaps? Otherwise, I think they may be pretty decorations inside a vase...

2 comments:

  1. I used to make apple jam when we lived near an orchard in England. And you can also add other fruits to it. Apple has pectin so it will make it set.
    I'm excited for you - I bet you can't wait to get everything finalized.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann. We close tomorrow morning. Needless to say, we are both excited tonight!

    ReplyDelete