Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Creativity

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today was a regular Monday, but I left work on time today in order to get a ride in before Derek got home from work. Derek had a really funny card for me and a tasteful bouquet of flowers when he walked in the door, so that was a sweet surprise.

So, the main point of my post today is to share photos of the incredibly cute and creative "Heart Day" tree my mom created. She purchased all the items at Michael's and turned a somewhat drab (sorry mom) porch decoration into a cheerful celebration of today's 'holiday'. Two thumbs up for creativity, mom.





I know it's hard to tell in the photos, the square items are retro Valentine cards mounted on sparkly red backgrounds.

Please excuse the poor photo quality, I resorted to my cell phone camera for these photos...

2 comments:

  1. Hello Claire!! That is a very fun and unique way to make a rather bare tree a beautiful work of art!!! I might have to try something like that with my little tree for the next holiday that comes around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I thought it was a great idea and would be fun and festive for just about an holiday.

    ReplyDelete