Friday, April 2, 2010

Lovely London



Derek has been fortunate to travel to the UK four times over the past few years for work. In February 2009, I met him in England after he completed his first week of business in Cheltenham. We met in Swindon, and I eagerly rode the train to London each day that he worked. The train arrived in Paddington Station which was extra exciting for me......When my brother first met me as a baby, he gave me a Paddington Bear (that played music). I believe this gift started two collections; stuffed animals as a child, and music boxes to this day. Paddington was displayed prominently in my room, but I was never allowed to play with him. Therefore, he still looks brand new all these years later (thanks mom...) Paddington Station has a large Paddington Bear kiosk, and I spent lots of pounds there because Paddington is such a happy memory for me. Yes, all my family received Paddington Bear themed products for souvenirs.

I crammed as much sight seeing into my trip as possible. On an off day, Derek drove me to see Stone Henge for a sunset which was lovely. I will always remember London as our first vacation as a married couple.










We visited a park, and this little boy chased pigeons for over half an hour with so much enthusiasm. His expression is priceless. I enjoyed his carefree spirit and determination.




1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures Claire. I worked in London for many years and it brought back memories.
    Ann
    www.cozyintexas.blogspot.com
    www.annsummervill.com

    ReplyDelete