Friday, April 23, 2010

Apple Pie Adventure

Have you ever indulged in a homemade apple pie (made from scratch)? We have a family friend that makes the best apple pie, and I usually request one for family functions. For my birthday a few weeks ago, she graciously gave me a Pampered Chef peeler/corer/slicer, 8 granny smith apples, and a coupon for a free pie lesson.

I decided to utilize my coupon and turn it into an Apple Pie Party. We all gathered in my mom's kitchen and made 7 apple pies on a Saturday afternoon. Let's just say that the apple peel alone filled up a trash can!

The final product was delicious - and the vanilla Blue Bell made it even better!





4 comments:

  1. My mother used to make the best apple pie. She said it was because she was half-Lakota and the Turquoise Woman sprinkled her love on it. I believe it my mother's love sprinkled on it that made it so good. But then I'm prejudiced.

    Thank you for the obvious effort you've put into your blog. It shows. Come visit mine, WRITING IN THE CROSSHAIRS, why don't you?

    Roland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the aprons. Great blog Claire. Apple pie with Blue Bell is my favorite.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ann! We have a friend that collects aprons so we thought that would be fun to dress the part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Roland. I will definitely stop by and visit your blog today. My Grandma's chocolate pies were always sprinkled with love (and NO ONE can make them quite like hers.

    ReplyDelete