Monday, August 29, 2011

New Addition

As if we didn't already have enough furry family members, we added 1 more to the brood. Meet Josie, our newest addition, and our first canine.



Two weeks ago, a past co-worker sent an email to me and several other people advising his daughter's dog had a 9 puppy litter. The mom is a 55 lbs. yellow lab mix, and he suspected the father was a heeler/pit mix. I ended up meeting him and his wife at our work parking lot, and felt pretty sad for the pups. They were all bound for the Lancaster animal shelter the following day.

So, that's the story of how Josie entered our lives. I knew I wanted a female, she was the cutest, and had a full tail (some of the others had bull dog or half tails.) :)

When I took her to the vet, he advised she was a Black Mouth Cur Dog

...Glad we have 7 acres for her to roam as the info states they aren't ideal for apartment life. Geesh!

3 comments:

  1. ohh my goodness claire shes adorable. I am assuming shes an outside dog based on the existence of boo in the house! She will have a blast on your property.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann! And yes Lauren, she's an outdoor dog due to Boo's first rights as indoor pet (and my inability to deal with chewing of furniture, shoes, etc.) :)

    ReplyDelete