Sunday, April 10, 2011

2010: A World Win Year



Deltas Foxy Flyer, my 8 year old American Paint Horse gelding, is the reason why I created my blog. I wanted a way to connect with other horse show enthusiasts. I have failed to become a successful blogger due to time restraints (excuses, I know.) But, I fully intend to try to find and connect to other horse enthusiast bloggers this summer (when I have a break from grad school.)

In the interim, I wanted to highlight "Scout's" accomplishments in 2010.

In the Pinto Horse Association of America:

-World Champion Amateur Jr. Reining

-3rd in the World in Open Reining with Johnny Morton





On top of these accolades, I just received a beautiful crystal trophy from the Pinto Association naming Scout the 2010 PINTO OF THE YEAR in Reining. He was featured on the cover of the Pinto Magazine (small photo in a montage of winners.)

In the American Paint Horse Association:

-Reserve World Champion Amateur Limited Working Cow Horse




-8th in the World in Novice Amateur Reining (I learned a valuable lesson, sadly at the World Championship show). I had money in my back pocket, which I did not realize, and when I did my last sliding stop it went flying out of my pocket. Apparently, there is a hefty penalty for littering in the arena....




-Northeast Texas Paint Horse Club:

State Champion in Sr. Reining and Novice Amateur Reining and Reserve State club champion in Novice Amateur Trail (a new event added to our repertoire)

And lastly, we ended the show year in 2010 at the Thanksgiving Classic were I opted to compete in 21 classes across divisions and we ended up winning A SADDLE as the all around amateur high point! This was incredibly exciting for a horse that has never been shown English and managed to win the Hunt Seat Equitation, and also place well in Horsemanship and Trail.




None of these accomplishments would have been possibly without my patient husband, Derek, who hauled us to multiple shows, unloaded, loaded, groomed, carried, cleaned, and lived and breathed horses with me for these events. And lastly, to Johnny Morton who is the best 'up and coming' trainer. I hope that Scout and Johnny continue to excel in the 'pro' level competition at the 2011 World Shows.

1 comment: